Thursday, November 18, 2010

MY SISTER'S KEEPER

(10 of 10)

This film is so underrated that it's ridiculous. It's an amazing story... and an undeniable tearjerker. When a little girl (who was genetically-engineered before birth and born to keep her sister alive) files a lawsuit to the rights over making decisions over her own body, all hell breaks loose within her family. You see, her sister is dying of leukemia and needs a kidney to survive and the girl doesn't want to give it to her. (There's more to the story, I assure you. But I don't want to give anything away.) The mother is played by Cameron Diaz and up until this film I thought she was only capable of borderline-comedies. Well I stand corrected because she is phenomenal in this outstanding drama... I highly recommend it.

No comments: