Wednesday, November 17, 2010

NIGHT OF THE DEMONS (2010)

(10 of 10)

I have waited to see this since I heard about it being in production way back when, and my anticipation had been building ever since... Well there's two things I can tell you right off the bat: 1.) It's not as good as the first, and 2.) It's just as good in it's own defense. See, the problem with remakes is that you always want to compare the two based on story and execution but this isn't what I would consider a "Remake" but rather a "Re-Imagining". So take notes Hollywood, re-doing a film based on it's title alone and not the story should be referred to as a "Re-Imagining" and not a "Remake".

Well now that I'm done ranting, I would like to say that this film is pretty much the deal. It's brimming with blood and gore and... DEMONS! It's a fun little popcorn flick and a true crowd pleaser. I would have loved to have caught it in theaters but it wasn't playing around where I live so I had to get it on Blu-Ray, which, by the way was definitely worth the purchase. I recommend that you hunt it down immediately!

No comments: